Progress report: the “sort of” Beatrice shrug

Well, it’s coming along quite nicely, I must say.  🙂

I had a feeling that I didn’t have enough of the Spritz to do the whole thing.  Since I’ve never tried anything like this before, I just didn’t know for sure.  So my plan was to start it towards the middle and work my way out evenly on both sides.  I’m down to my last 1/2 skein (which is just enough to make one 4-row stripe) here.  You can tell which side it needs to go on (see below).

It’s okay, though, because I had a contingency plan at the ready.  I have an American yarn – this one here – that has a shimmery thread through it.  I think it’ll go nicely with the silver thread that’s spun throughout the Spritz.  I have a TON of this stuff in white, so I’m going to use that for the sleeves of the shrug, edging the sleeves in some more spritz, in pink.  I’m also going to make the tie in pink.

I will definitely be able to get started on the white as of tomorrow.  Barring some sort of major disaster, I think I’ll actually get this done well under the deadline.  Which is surprising, because every time I’ve tried to make some sort of wearable for myself, it always seems to take too long and then I get bored and put it away.  Could be why I’ve got something like 15 UFO’s in the yarn cupboard.

(Also, the date on my camera is all messed up.  I didn’t realize it until I uploaded these to my laptop.  These photos were actually taken about half an hour ago, not three weeks from now.)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: